Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

These delicious looking little treasures are just the perfect size for a taste of fall.  These mini cheesecakes are made in muffin pans!  How fun is that?  And even better, the crust is a gingersnap cookie.  Who thought of that?  My friend Katie gave me this recipe about two months ago and I am just now getting around to preparing these little jewels.  And, Oh yea, I tasted one and they are very good.

I have prepared these for a luncheon to be held at Son 2's school.  We have a bit of a Thanksgiving theme going so these seemed to fit the bill for dessert. 

Here's the recipe.

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

18 paper baking cups
18 gingersnap cookies
12 oz. cream cheese softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup Karo lite syrup

LINE regular sized muffin pans with paper cups.  Place 1 whole gingersnap cookie in the bottom of each one.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and pie spice with an electric mixer.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add pumpkin and Karo syrup.  Beat 1 minute.

POUR filling into baking cups dividing evenly. (I used a #16 food scoop)  Bake in a 325 preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes, until just set.

CHILL 

Look how nicely each cookie fits in the bottom of the baking cup....somebody was pretty smart!




Here are all the ingredients.



A great taste of Fall.  I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those sound great. I took your last instruction, "CHILL" literally.

Sparkling Like A Diamond said...

Ha ha